Lewisham toy library is seeking a new trustee with financial skills to join as our new Treasurer. Could it be you?
Our team is made up of a dedicated librarian, a book keeper and board of trustees who oversee and support the toy library activities. Over the last year we have managed to remain in a healthy financial position and are looking for a motivated and skilled individual to help us spend wisely and ensure our sustainability going forward.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee the Charity’s accounts
- Oversee the charity’s bookkeeper to see records are up to date and prepare monthly and annual financial reports
- Present yearly accounts to the Charity Commission
- Attend monthly trustee meetings via zoom/in person. (1.5 hours per month)
- Attend yearly business planning meetings in person (3 hours yearly)
- Present to less financially minded trustees an understanding of our financial timeline and budget – interpreting financial data
- Lead on reviewing expenditure to identify any cost savings
- Take a co-signatory role for the charity’s bank account and other financial accounts
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising financial practice relevant to charities
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Good financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Commitment to working for the Lewisham community as a member of the trustee teamInterest in the goals and aims of the Lewisham Toy Library
What difference will you make?
Our small team of trustees (8) covers many skills but our current treasurer is having to move on due to other commitments, (although is happy to have a handover period to settle you in to the role).We are currently in a healthy financial position and are looking for a motivated and skilled person to help us spend wisely and ensure the sustainability of the toy library. Our accounts are simple so the work is not onerous or very time consuming as we have a dedicated employed bookkeeper. As a member of the board of trustees you will be welcomed into the toy library family and will make a difference to the local community of children, parents and carers by overseeing our financial accounts and guiding our spending in the most effective and beneficial way. We welcome applicants from all ethnicities and genders. We are keen to increase the diversity of our board so that it is representative of our members and the local community – for this reason we would strongly encourage applicants who are male and/or from black and minority ethnic backgrounds to apply.
Contact: Justine Vella – Chair of the board of trustees;
Tel : 07530676779;