Privacy Notice – Your Personal Information
Our website address is: https://lewishamtoylibrary.org.uk/
Under data protection rules (GDPR), the Lewisham Toy Library will be what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal information you provide to us. We want you to know that we take data protection seriously and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information of our members, volunteers and supporters. Our charity registration is 271496, our address is: 46, Lewisham Shopping Centre, Molesworth St, London SE13 7EP and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0208 297 27 35 during our opening hours. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, and we will notify you of any changes that relate to the information we already hold about you. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access our website and services.
What information do we collect from you?
When you become a member of the Lewisham Toy Library we will collect and process personal information about you and any children who will benefit from the toy library. Please note that we will also collect personal information if you apply to become a volunteer or sign up to our newsletter. Personal information processed may include:
- Your full name, address, email address and phone number
- The name and date of birth of any children who will benefit from the toy library
- Whether your children accessing the toy library have any special educational needs, or if English is not their first language (so that we can direct you to relevant toys)
- Whether you are in receipt of state benefits (if you wish to apply for discounted membership)
How long we keep it
We will keep personal information on members for a maximum of 2 years after they have ceased to be a member of the Toy Library. We will keep the personal details of volunteers for one year after they finish volunteering.
Under data protection rules, we are required to state the legal basis under which we process your personal information.
Legitimate interest: We rely on this legal basis when processing personal information in order to provide our services (for example, processing membership and the lending of toys) and to communicate with you about the services we provide (for example, changes to opening times).
You can email us at email@example.com if you want to:
- Provide us with your most up to date contact details
- Find out what personal information we hold about you
- Request that we restrict or stop processing your personal information (Please note that asking us to restrict or stop processing your personal information may affect our ability to provide toy library services to you)
For more information about your rights under GDPR you can visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) and you can report a concern to them by calling 0303 123 1113.
We would like to send you marketing information about Lewisham Toy Library by email and will only do so with your consent. You are free to change your preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Please note that we use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to send emails both about our services and our marketing information. MailChimp may process your information outside of the European Economic Area but do state that they comply with European data protection rules. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.